Friday, January 7, 2011

Here we go!

Since we have our first official snow day of the year, I'll be spending time today getting my blog up and running.  I've received such great support and interest already so I'm excited to get started- but honestly, I am a little nervous too.  Now I know how my kids feel when I ask them to publish their work! 

The plan is to showcase pictures, recipes, and meal modifications that can help turn you into the shining star of your kitchen. So, even if you work, even if you don't know exactly what you're doing, even if you don't have anything planned....you will be able to put something healthful and delicious on the table for family and friends. Also, I'd love other people to share what they're cooking and eating.  

Wish me luck and let's start cooking! 

11 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see what's cookin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight we're hoping for at home pizza- if Dave can pick up the ingredients on the way home. I cheat and get the dough at the pizza place, then top it with veggies and meat we have in the house. Perfect night for staying in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The site looks great- and the food even better! Congrats- I'm sure it will be a success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice work andrea!!! i made the sausage, rosemary rigatoni tonight and brian loved it! thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea! So glad you both liked that one. I'm going to post pics and the recipe for that one this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can finally post! I just love the blog! Can't wait for the Vlog! Just put a tray of vegan lasagna in the oven myself. We're having a vegan Italian meal today, LOL! Lots of luck Andi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for your blog! I made a roasted butternut squash risotto this weekend. It was excellent! I can't wait to try some of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog do far.
    I have two suggestions for this site (think of it as "viewer requests" :-)
    Can you have a section of suggested go to produce/pantry/spice items that should be our basics?
    Also, can you have a feature where every once in a while we suggest an ingredient and you create something with it? For example- Giada just made something with wheat berries- never heard of them before! Also, what do I make with quinoa? Things like that!
    I am right down the road if you need a taste tester...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pantry ideas- maybe when I'm having a big take-out week I'll do that instead, so as not to let any of my fans down, of course :)

    I've never heard of wheat berries either! Quinoa is yummy though. I like the idea of "viewer requests" and an interactive feature. I'm certainly no expert and welcome all feedback!!

    ReplyDelete